Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Safely arrived

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I made it to Pretoria! I'm still quite hazy from two 10-hour flights, a long layover, very little sleep, and of course the jetlag. My second 10-hour flight arrived in Joburg this morning at 7:00am. As we taxied across the tarmac, I spotted an ad out the window that said "Bet you just can't wait to see your friends." It made me smile.

It's a little surreal to be back--in many ways it seems nothing has changed, and yet there are small clues to changes all over the place. (Where did that couch go? Where are the dish cloths? Who are all these strange new people?!) But, it's been great to be back at Pangani, to see friendly faces and get hugs from old friends and soon-to-be friends. I have very much felt welcomed home.

And now, I'm going to find some dinner and then unpack!

No comments: