Monday, November 30, 2009

Where to find God

From an Advent devotional I've been reading this season:
A Hasidic story tells of a rabbi's son who used to wander in the woods. The rabbi asked his son, "I wonder why each day you walk in the woods?" The boy replied, "I go there to find God." "That's very good, son. But, don't you know that God is the same everywhere?" "Yes," the boy answered, "but I'm not."
A good reminder of my need to seek God in the ways that I can best meet Him this season. God is the same everywhere. But I am not, and I need to remember that. Especially during the transition and unsettledness of a furlough.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hello Barbara, I like this story and what it says about you, me, all of us. I also liked the post by Chris, and then Cori, about Harrowing, which seems to express what a lot of people are feeling at this time. This Advent has been a time of growth for me as well, and I welcome all that God brings to me in love. My thoughts and prayers are with you on furlough. love, Cathy