Monday, March 16, 2009

Housekeeping

Just wanted to point out a few updates to the blog. I've updated the links, specifically the ones to community blogs. In the "2009 community" section, you'll now find links to blogs from several of the 2009 apprentices & staff.

I've also added this year's reading list to the sidebar, if you're interested in checking out some of what we're reading and discussing together as a community. We're reading some amazing books this year, and I'm not just saying that because I'm coordinating the reading for the year! Actually, I think the books I'm most excited about are the ones I've already read for previous NC years.

Right now, we're most of the way through Henri Nouwen's book, Spiritual Direction. So far during the Listening posture, this book has dovetailed almost uncannily with each week's curriculum and other experiences. Nouwen has a ton of good stuff to say about how we hear God and are formed spiritually. Feel free to email me for our weekly discussion questions. =)

No comments: