Thursday, January 18, 2007

Halfway there...

"One more day, just one more day, then I'm done / One more car ride and one more rising of the sun..." (Rosie Thomas)

I arrived safely in London on Tuesday. The past couple days have been great times of hanging out with a couple of good friends: Sarah, a former co-worker from days gone by, who introduced me to NieuCommunities in the first place; and Jude, my Welsh "little sister" from past mission trips to Wales. I haven't done much of any consequence, but have enjoyed relaxing and sleeping, and wandering randomly through London--on foot, by bus, and by Tube.

Tomorrow I will head for Heathrow in the afteroon, pick up my bags from left luggage (it's 6 pounds per bag per day, Justin), and set off on the next leg of my journey to South Africa. I'll be on the same flight as Katie, a friend from last year's NC Road Trip and one of my fellow participants for the year. I'm excited to be on my way! Looking forward to sharing more soon.

No comments: